Career Counseling 2018 | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
Chandan Kumar
Chandan Kumar Jan 7, 10:28PM

Quote from Chandan Kumar
Quote from Megha Sahu
Quote from Chandan Kumar Hello everyone,  so the stage is finally set for the most awaited alumni event of recent times --The Career Counseling. Feel free to contact me regarding your queries on journalism as a career, its pros and cons. Someone who has quit mechanical engineering in the very first semester, to follow the passion of Journalism, may be good enough to guide you if you have any sort of affinity towards opting the field as career.

So bombard me with questions, may be I can be of some help to aspiring juniors.

About me: With 2 years , 5 months experience working with PTI news agency in New Delhi. Currently I am a Senior Copy Editor.

Hlo bhaiya..i m in class 12 at present...cn u pllz tell wht i hv to do aftr 12 for doing journalism?
Hi Megha, 

The very first thing that you must ask yourself before choosing journalism as a career is that whether or not the idea of describing events, things, personalities interest you or not. You should have an excellent command over language -- English and Hindi. Although even one language would work but then to excel, you must be proficient in both the languages.

Now coming to your point, if you feel that you have an affinity towards language. You would love to detail things. Would like to give a written or verbal account of incidents, then don't give a second thought, journalism is the right choice to make. 

A command over English, or Hindi, and preferably both, along with knowledge of the current affairs and General Knowledge is what all takes you to some of the most reputable Institutes the country has to offer this course. Further details to be followed up in next comments...

Megha Sahu
Megha Sahu Jan 7, 10:28PM

Quote from Chandan Kumar
Quote from Megha Sahu
Quote from Chandan Kumar Hello everyone,  so the stage is finally set for the most awaited alumni event of recent times --The Career Counseling. Feel free to contact me regarding your queries on journalism as a career, its pros and cons. Someone who has quit mechanical engineering in the very first semester, to follow the passion of Journalism, may be good enough to guide you if you have any sort of affinity towards opting the field as career.

About me: With 2 years , 5 months experience working with PTI news agency in New Delhi. Currently I am a Senior Copy Editor.

Hlo bhaiya..i m in class 12 at present...cn u pllz tell wht i hv to do aftr 12 for doing journalism?
Hi Megha, 

The very first thing that you must ask yourself before choosing journalism as a career is that whether or not the idea of describing events, things, personalities interest you or not. You should have an excellent command over language -- English and Hindi. Although even one language would work but then to excel, you must be proficient in both the languages.

Ok bhaiya...i m geeting ur words....cn u tell me..where i should go aftr completing my 12th?
Dr Ayush Kejriwal
Dr Ayush Kejriwal Jan 7, 10:28PM

Quote from Anjalika Shalini
Quote from Dr Ayush Kejriwal
Quote from Anjalika Shalini I want to know the ways to prepare for Neet.. Please help and guide :) 
You are in which standard??
11th.. Now will move to 12th
Ok...see neet is the exam where questions are asked from both 11t and 12th.for preparation along with schooling you need to read your 12t class syllabus fast this year so that you can revise your 11th class syllabus easily.and taking mock test series of coaching will help.NCERT is must
Ashutosh Kumar
Ashutosh Kumar Jan 7, 10:29PM
Aman Shree also knows some of the best tricks developed by him to solve any damn questions quickly. 
CA Rahul Choudhary
CA Rahul Choudhary Jan 7, 10:29PM

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
Quote from Amresh Kumar Singh Dear Nikki, every time you opt for an professional education you need to approch the things with smart activities. We have done many sessions on time management but trust me it was extremely tough to find the actual sollution for it. You need to mentor yourself for this. Take a pen, write the priority of your life and decide what type of activities will take you to your connotation. Self help always work,
Quote from Nikki Hisaria Hlo Bhaiya. Currently m completing my interior designing......now m preparing for my CA exams....but I want to ask  how to mange the tym for study.

Quote from Nikki Hisaria Hlo Bhaiya. Currently m completing my interior designing......now m preparing for my CA exams....but I want to ask  how to mange the tym for study.

Yes Bhaiya.  But now a days I unable to mange the tym for study all subjects.
You should try to chose two subjects not all in a row,after completing that then two but revision on daily basis should be there which will be helping u while when u close to exam
Amresh Kumar Singh
Amresh Kumar Singh Jan 7, 10:29PM

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
Quote from Amresh Kumar Singh Dear Nikki, every time you opt for an professional education you need to approch the things with smart activities. We have done many sessions on time management but trust me it was extremely tough to find the actual sollution for it. You need to mentor yourself for this. Take a pen, write the priority of your life and decide what type of activities will take you to your connotation. Self help always work,

Yes Bhaiya.  But now a days I unable to mange the tym for study all subjects.
What is the need of studying all the subject? Trust me you can never master all subject. You must have a specific goal as a CA aspirants. My suggestion is:

1.Look out for the current tradition of the question asked in exams

2.check out for your secure area where you can focus

3.make your skill worthful for the association you are dreaming of

4.dont work hard instead be smart enough to grab the rare opportunities

Actually, it is not possible to type everything here. Maybe we will have a video session that will be useful for you. :)

Vishakha Jyoti
Vishakha Jyoti Jan 7, 10:29PM

Quote from Aman Shree

Quote from Vishakha Jyoti
Quote from Aman Shree
Quote from Vishakha Jyoti Hey Aman bhaiya i wanna ask... How i can manage time for study? 
Hey jyoti 

First of all you need to find out which subject you are good at and which one require more labour.

There are times in day during which you don't want to study so use that time by reading those subjects in which you get interest.at times when you are good mood go for those which you think are hard ones.

Already told uh bhaiya my maths is not so good. 

Want to know more about tym managing 

Quote from Aman Shree
Quote from Vishakha Jyoti Hey Aman bhaiya i wanna ask... How i can manage time for study? 
Hey jyoti 

First of all you need to find out which subject you are good at and which one require more labour.

There are times in day during which you don't want to study so use that time by reading those subjects in which you get interest.at times when you are good mood go for those which you think are hard ones.

Jyoti what I did was the same ask your family not to engage in any other activity that's the most important. family members will also have to cooperate. Yaar 4-5 baar mana kar do yaar ki nhi karenge....2 saal ki to baat hai. Wo khud hi tumko nhii bolenge kuch..but haa ye tabhi jab tum poora time utilise kar rahi ho. .. Maine apne parents ko bol diya thha and they didn't engage me any kind of activities. So that is also important....aur agar tum din mei 10-11 hours padh leti ho then that is more than sufficient. 

Bhaiya ka sometimes i unable to understand the maths problem during test... Will tell me what i need to do? 
Chandan Kumar
Chandan Kumar Jan 7, 10:29PM

Quote from Megha Sahu
Quote from Chandan Kumar
Quote from Megha Sahu

Hi Megha, 

Ok bhaiya...i m geeting ur words....cn u tell me..where i should go aftr completing my 12th?

Quote from Megha Sahu
Quote from Chandan Kumar
Quote from Megha Sahu

Hi Megha, 

Can you tell e which stream have the taken for your class XIIth
Quote from Megha Sahu
Quote from Chandan Kumar
Quote from Megha Sahu

Hi Megha, 

Hi, Can you tell me what's your stream of study in Class XIIth?
Satyam Kunar
Satyam Kunar Jan 7, 10:30PM

Quote from Satyam Kunar Hii Swapnil Bhaiya I want to know that what should be my strategy while attempting NEET and how to cover up/revise all the topics in remaining time that is left for examination 
I scored 432 last year
Nikki Hisaria
Nikki Hisaria Jan 7, 10:31PM

Quote from CA Rahul Choudhary
Quote from Nikki Hisaria
Hi Nikki r u preparing for cpt or ipcc
IPCC Bhaiya..

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
IPCC Bhaiya..In  ca u should always try to prefer the morning classes also try that at any cost u should not bunk the classes and what u study in classes always go for revision at any cost what u have studies at morning and this phenomenon should going on regularly.

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
IPCC Bhaiya..

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
IPCC Bhaiya..In  ca u should always try to prefer the morning classes also try that at any cost u should not bunk the classes and what u study in classes always go for revision at any cost what u have studies at morning and this phenomenon should going on regularly.
Yes bhaiya I attend all the morng classes......but I unable to manage tym for revision after the class..
Admin
Admin Jan 7, 10:31PM

Quote from Anjalika Shalini I want to know the ways to prepare for Neet.. Please help and guide :) 
Anjalika, You are preparing for NEET.. First thing you must have well planned strategy to complete all the topics which you can master.. And you need to practice model test paper that will give you confidence that you have really mastered those topics.... 
Hritu Raj
Hritu Raj Jan 7, 10:31PM

Quote from Anjalika Shalini
Quote from Dr Ayush Kejriwal
You are in which standard??
11th.. Now will move to 12th
hii..

I would say NCERT is the base. So you must have command over ncert biology and chemistry atleast. 

A part from NCERT you must read and complete any one side book for preparation. 

Key to success is you must check where you stand in competition by both assessing the WCQ set and test conducted by most of the coaching institute. 

You should do as many mcq as possible on routine basis

Megha Sahu
Megha Sahu Jan 7, 10:31PM

Quote from Chandan Kumar
Quote from Megha Sahu
Quote from Chandan Kumar
Quote from Megha Sahu

Hi Megha, 

Quote from Megha Sahu
Quote from Chandan Kumar
Quote from Megha Sahu

Hi Megha, 

Can you tell e which stream have the taken for your class XIIth
Quote from Megha Sahu
Quote from Chandan Kumar
Quote from Megha Sahu

Hi Megha, 

Hi, Can you tell me what's your stream of study in Class XIIth?
Commerce
Aman Shree
Aman Shree Jan 7, 10:32PM

Quote from Aman Shree

Quote from Aman Shree
Hey jyoti 

Quote from Aman Shree
Hey jyoti 

Jyoti what I did was the same ask your family not to engage in any other activity that's the most important. family members will also have to cooperate. Yaar 4-5 baar mana kar do yaar ki nhi karenge....2 saal ki to baat hai. Wo khud hi tumko nhii bolenge kuch..but haa ye tabhi jab tum poora time utilise kar rahi ho. .. Maine apne parents ko bol diya thha and they didn't engage me any kind of activities. So that is also important....aur agar tum din mei 10-11 hours padh leti ho then that is more than sufficient. 

Ha wo to hai bhaiya still kisi na kisi wrk me mujhe involve hona prta thats y i decided to live in hostel 

Ya when I was in 11th I was facing the same problem.  What I did was I took a separate room and put a donot disturb board and even if someone called I don't respond.... That kind of dedication you need to have. Ask your parents to cooperate with you.It's just a matter of 2 years. Yaar 2 saal kuch nhii karogi to kya hoga..full life hai aage family and friends k saath time spend karne kliyee
Anand Raj
Anand Raj Jan 7, 10:32PM

Quote from Vishakha Jyoti Hey Anand Raj bhaiya. 

I m a student of 11th std. 

I m also preparing for JEE. 

Prepare Well For Chem In Particular, Cause I Don't Think There Are Good Teachers Of Chem In Muzaffarpur And Its Most Scoring And Easy As Well..... For Mains, NCERT Is By Far Sufficient Book To Refer To As Far Inorganic And Organic Are Concerned.... Physical Chemistry Is Kind Of Easy But NCERT Is Not Good Enough, But So As Any Other Book Of Physical..... For Advanced, NCERT Is Still Good For Chapters That Needs Memorising Facts Like Environment, Biomolcules Kind Of Chapters.... But For Advanced You Need To Refer To Books Like 'Narendra Awasthi' For Physical (NOT SURE IF IT WILL BE AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET) And RC Mukherjee, For Inorganic Facts, As I Said NCERT Is Good Enough But If You Wanna Dig Deeper You Can DOWNLOAD (Don't Buy) "JD Lee", And For Organic, Again Download "J.Clayden" Which You Should Try If You Are Comfortable With NCERT First..... I Think I Should Post This First Or I'll Keep Writing And The Time Will Be Over...  
Nikki Hisaria
Nikki Hisaria Jan 7, 10:32PM

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
IPCC Bhaiya..

Quote from Nikki Hisaria

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
IPCC Bhaiya..

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
Yes bhaiya I attend all the morng classes......but I unable to manage tym for revision after the class..
Nikki Hisaria
Nikki Hisaria Jan 7, 10:32PM

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
IPCC Bhaiya..

Quote from Nikki Hisaria

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
IPCC Bhaiya..

Quote from Nikki Hisaria
Abhishek Anand
Abhishek Anand Jan 7, 10:33PM

Quote from Aman Shree
Quote from Abhishek Anand Aman bhaiya sometime I unable to understand the problems of maths especially when I am giving test. Will you please tell me what I need to do
Hey Abhishek

Go through ML KHANNA. It is one of the best book of mathematics it contains solution as well. Go through it twice it's okay if you have to see the solutions.it contains several question of same type and will help you alot.

Bhaiya what's  your opinion about G. Tewani 
The Forum post is edited by Abhishek Anand Jan 7, 10:33PM
Swapnil Keshav
Swapnil Keshav Jan 7, 10:33PM
Hi swetang.. By now u would have narrowed down the best study material (be it any book or any notes). Now don't think of anything else... Just stick to those.. And revise as many times as possible.. This time is the most crucial time... So try to divide ur daily study period into all the subjects. Best is to have short targets for every week. Don't think of whole syllabus at a time... Just focus on what u r studying and don't be afraid that forgetting any of that. Everyone forgets.. The syllabus is really big... Just be confident that if u have read something, it will pop up in mind somehow when u need in exam. And frequent revisions are for that purpose only. Now keep at least 1 hr daily for previous years questions of various exams or test series..specially physics and chemistry needs ample practice. By now u would have understood what are the topics that are troubling u... Focus on those in these 1-2 months and try to overcome the trouble... Like writing formulae on chart papers n pasting on Wall of room, or making tricks in bio and some parts of chemistry for the things u find har to remember.... And just be confident even if the confidence is not natural... Because I always feel a confident partially full mind is way better than fearful completely full mind... All the best... Always there for any help 
Quote from swetang ranjan Hey swapnil bhaiya...thanku fr being here for us.... Currently i m preparing for neet 2018(dropout) last year my neet score was 410 Nd this tym i ned to score 550+ and get a good medical collg pls. Suggest me some good preparing strategy although not much tym is left for exam bt still ur's dorection would be very helpful for me...and help me to score good.

Dr Ayush Kejriwal
Dr Ayush Kejriwal Jan 7, 10:34PM

Quote from swetang ranjan Hello dr.ayush bhaiya...i also need some help regarding neet 2018 as i m a dropout and last year i scored 410 in neet and this year want to gain 550+ for a good medical collg. Although the tym is now very less bt pls. Elaborate some strategy for final revesion and time management in phy. Chem. And bio.
As you are a repeater so you must know what are your weak topics.you should cover them first.you can know them by attempting last year question paper.keep last 2 months for revision.daily question practice at that time.no new things at that time.ncert is must
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »
This topic is sticky